Habitat ReStore Associate
Responsible To: Old Colony Habitat ReStore Manager-Attleboro
Clerk Hours: Tuesday thru Saturday, Varying hours to meet store needs
Full time and part time 20 hours
- Primary role is to serve as a cashier to accurately ring up purchases
- Welcome customers / donors as they enter the ReStore.
- Accurately ringing up customer transactions on the register, including handling cash and
- credit card transactions.
- Handle all Customer credit card information and sales data / donor information
- Assisting customers by answering questions and enhancing their shopping experience.
- Assist with donation screening and drop offs
- Assist donors and customers with loading/unloading items from their vehicles
- Process, organize, and merchandize donations
- Answer incoming phone calls and answering questions.
- Help maintain cleanliness and safety of the sales floor and cashier work areas.
- Resolve customer complaints and ask for assistance as needed
- Successfully completing daily tasks at the ReStore.
- Act as an Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity while interacting with donors, shoppers, and volunteers
Other Duties as Needed:
- Assist customers, run cash register
- Respond to donor and customer inquiries
- Lead/supervise and work with volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10-50 pounds.
Old Colony Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, military status, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, and all other categories protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job Types: Full Time and Part-time
- One location
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check, including CORI
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
Please email email@example.com with Retail Associate in the subject line.
Communities We Serve
Assonet, Attleboro, Bellingham, Berkley, East Freetown, Fall River, Foxboro, Franklin, Mansfield, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Norton, Plainville, Raynham, Rehoboth, Seekonk, Dighton, Swansea, Somerset, Taunton, Medfield, Medway, Millis and Wrentham.
Restore Hours: Sun and Mon: Closed | Tue, Wed & Fri: 10am – 5pm | Thu: 10am – 6pm | Sat: 10am – 5pm