We are currently taking submittals from interested parties for Home Ownership in advance!
Your name and contact information will be added to our list of potential partner families.
When we are ready to build another house we will contact you for next steps.
Currently we plan to build two houses per year, the availability of land will help determine when we begin this process.
To submit to own an Old Colony Habitat for Humanity home please
Click the “Partner Family Form” link below to give us your contact information
so that we may contact you to begin the process.
A Habitat Partnership may be the solution for your family, if you are able to meet the following criteria:
- Housing Need: Able to demonstrate the lack of adequate housing and the inability to access adequate housing through conventional means.
- Sweat Equity: Willing to complete the required “sweat equity” on your home and other Habitat Projects (250 hours per adult in the family living in the Habitat Home, up to 500 hours).
- First time home buyer: (some exceptions apply).
- Participation: Demonstrate the willingness to partner with Habitat in building the home, and participate in Old Colony Habitat for Humanity’s Family Partnership Program and be actively involved in assisting the affiliate to achieve its mission.
- Financial: Have a consistent family income not less than 30 percent or more than 60 percent of the area HUD median income guidelines (AMI) , and unable to qualify for conventional mortgage financing. Must also demonstrate ability to pay for home and be able to pay monthly mortgage.
HUD Median Income Guidelines:
If you have questions or want more information please contact our Family Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Old Colony Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in the selection of interested parties. Old Colony Habitat for Humanity is a not-for-profit organization and we do business in accordance with Federal and Massachusetts Fair Lending Laws.
* PLEASE NOTE: All home construction is conditional on final permitting approvals.