Old Colony Habitat for Humanity has expanded its mission beyond houses. We are committed to serving more families in the Old Colony Service area who are in need of light repairs to their home, some help with accessibility issues, and if needed, assistance with more serious repairs required to maintain a safe and livable home environment. As with our other programs, homeowners are responsible for the costs of these repairs.
What is A Brush With Kindness (ABWK)?
“A Brush With Kindness” is an OCHFH program that helps preserve local homeownership by partnering with homeowners struggling to restore and maintain a safe and decent place to live. When basic expenses exceed income month after month, home maintenance is the usual casualty. Years of deferred maintenance can cause a downward spiral of a home leading to deterioration and unsafe living conditions.
- Are you living in challenging circumstances which have created issues that are beyond what you can handle on your own?
- Are you struggling to keep your home in livable condition?
- Have you had to choose between paying for food, medication, taxes, and basic utilities?
- Are you facing city code violations or homeowner insurance cancellation due to the condition of your home?
If you feel that one of these questions describes your current living situation, contact us for more information about the Old Colony Habitat for Humanity “A Brush With Kindness” Program. We may be able to help!
1) Download and complete the following ABWK Application Form:
2) Complete the form and send it back to this address or scan and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Colony Habitat for Humanity
P O Box 100
Attleboro, MA 02703
Attn: ABWK, Executive Director
If you have questions contact our Executive Director at email@example.com or call: 508-399-1781.
To view some of our past “ABWK” projects please visit our “Past Projects (ABWK)” page.
HUD Median Income Guidelines:
Reaching Out to the Community
“A Brush With Kindness” brings resources, volunteers and homeowners together to paint, landscape, replace damaged windows and doors, repair plumbing and electrical problems or complete other maintenance and safety related tasks.
Our home repair program brings volunteers from service groups, businesses, congregations and community agencies to help low income homeowners who are challenged by age, disability or circumstance.
As with all Habitat builds, homeowners work side by side with Habitat volunteers to complete repairs to their home, and homeowners repay the cost of materials.